9/15 Whole60 - First Timer!

Dara750

Hi Whole30 babes!

My name is Dara. I am thrilled to start my Whole60 tomorrow, 9/15. I actually meant to start today but drank a kopi jahe this morning, which I realized partway into it has sugar in it! It's an indonesian ginger spiced coffee, from a local coffee shop. This is my third attempt to do a Whole60. I got 20 days in in August, then chose to eat off plan foods. Then I started over and got 10 days in, before the worst fires in Oregon's history (where I live) hit and things were so crazy I chose to comfort myself with food. I realized with my first two false starts that I need to ask for more support from friends. I need to have someone I can call when my sugar dragon comes out, when I'm hungry and unprepared, and really want to go off plan, etc. I also need to not let myself get too hungry! My biggest impetus for this has been severe digestive pain and issues, trouble sleeping, trouble focusing, and compulsive eating.

My WHYs: (1) Freedom from cravings; (2) a thriving, healthy gut and digestive system; (3) to feel good in my body every day; (4) to love my body; (5) more enjoyment of food and cooking, to slow down and treat this as sacred; (6) healthier ways to cope with my feelings and energy level shifts; (7) better sleep, more energy, and deeper focus.

I plan on using this forum as a support network throughout my journey. And no shame - I will probably really enjoy some mac and cheese and baked goods today before I hop full on in tomorrow. I know this will make detox harder. I CAN DO THIS!!! Thanks for reading. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dara! I have a different story from yours but I am starting tomorrow, Oct.1, and I have been preparing for about ten days. My husband just had oral surgery so this may not have been the best time. He has more dietary restrictions than me, though, so I can always feed off of that, pardon the pun. 

Part of my reason for doing Whole30 is to get in better health so I can actively pursue my outdoor interests and work without being so tired and sore the next day. I swim, kayak, cycle, and mostly hike. Cycling has been especially difficult because I have polyneuropathy (extensive nerve damage) due to many years of undiagnosed Hashimoto's thyroiditis. I no long have a thyroid as a result. I also have inflammation that gets worse the day after I do any physical activity, especially anything that involves my hands or shoulders. Additionally, I have some digestive issues that keep getting worse and cause me to miss out on some activities. I have been trying to lose weight and have been on the Keto diet on and off for a year. 

Every time I begin an activity my body seems to really hate me for days afterwards. I just have to keep pushing through it. 

YOU CAN DO THIS! WE CAN DO THIS!

Archived