Day 26-no Tiger Blood, meh energy, no changes

Michelle K

I have been compliant for 25 days now. I spend hours in the kitchen every day preparing new and varied meals. I read all labels. I’ve eaten an array of meats, seafood, veggies, fruits and nuts on a daily basis. I have not experienced tiger blood, clear skin, boundless energy, etc. my sleep is so-so , my breakouts continue, and I’ve struggled with loose stool all month. My weight is EXACTLY THE SAME as day 1, my measurements are the same. If anything it’s making me miss the variety of foods I’m not eating even more! I used to love avacado, eggs, and sweet potato and now I have to say I’m pretty darn sick of them. I feel like this experience is backfiring. I’m a 5-6 day/week crossFitter and my strength is definitely struggling, as well. Before this program I would describe myself as a conscious eater who ate paleo-ish/whole 80% of each day with no foods off limits (I have to live in the world, fuel my workouts, I’m a busy mom of 3, and have lost and kept off 55 pounds by diet change and exercise 1-2 years ago)And what can I say? I love pizza! Am I an anomaly? Was this all for nothing? 

Hi Michelle K, I will be interested to see the response to your post. Today is day 30 for me. I followed all the rules, didn't cheat once, don't feel worse, but don't feel better either. Lost 3.9 lbs and no inches. I was mostly hoping to lose the inflammation/swelling. That didn't happen - I can tell because of the tightness of my wedding band. Still not sleeping. I'll begin reintroducing foods tomorrow and will perhaps find that something doesn't agree with me that I didn't realize before. My diet was quite healthy anyway. Three years ago I had sun poisoning and poison ivy at the same time. Prednisone caused me to gain 14 lbs in one month although I wasn't overeating at all. It has taken me 3 years to lose it. DASH, MIND, vegan, intermittent fasting, Keto (made me terribly sick), JJVirgin, EatFatGetThin - I've tried these and others for 2 months at a time. Vegan worked the best, but I love fish. Perhaps pescatarian will be my best bet. I feel as if the Whole30 didn't hurt me in any way, but I was expecting to feel some difference. 

• Moderators

Michelle, 

Can you please give us a few days of exactly what you are eating? 

If you are Crossfitting, are you eating a pre and/or post-workout meal according to the Template recommendations?

With so much activity, you are at risk for undereating. 

Weighing yourself is breaking the Whole30 rules. The Whole30 is not a weight loss program, even though many lose weight as a result.

By focusing on the force gravity exerts on your body, you're missing out on other non-scale victories. Is your skin clearer? Are you sleeping better? Has your mood improved?

Toss that scale and recommit. You can do this!

Archived