Wegman's Food Stores

CecileC

If anyone living near a Wegman's store in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Maryland, Virginia, or North Carolina, you should know that they have a good variety of their store brand products that are Whole30 compliant. And they even have jars, not cans, of tomato paste in their Italian Classics Organic brand that is just tomato pulp, no citric acid. I know the citric acid is okay, but I have a problem with it so I have to look. Goya brand also doesn't have citric acid, but that comes in a can as well. Also, the Wegmans jar has an extra ounce in it. Bonus! I like the jars because if you only need a small amount you can put the lid back on and not have the leftover tomato paste go bad. They have their own bacon that is compliant and less expensive that Pederson's, though I keep looking for sausages to be compliant. In their meats, along with the usual meats they have organic and grass fed meats as well as free-range poultry. I shop there all the time and find a wide variety of products that are compliant for my recipes. They also carry many of the compliant food brands endorsed by Whole30. They're a great store. Check one out if you have one near you. Oh, and no, I don't work for the company. I just love the store so much that it was one of many reasons my family moved back to New York State from Kansas.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to know! I love the idea of the jar of tomato paste that can be used multiple times, I feel like I waste so much with the cans. I often get heartburn from tomato products, so I wonder if the pulp without citric acid would be better for me. I'll have to check it out next time I'm at Wegman's!

Kay

• 6 months later...

Archived