Starting Today - Again

Justdoit

I'm starting my new W30 journey today! I say again, because I started W30 in October and quit miserably after day 13. I made a very poor choice to drink alcohol at a BBQ, then commenced to blow the whole thing even further by eating everything non whole 30 that I could get my hands on.

I quit smoking January 2nd (day 8) whoo hoo.... and knock on wood, I'm feeling pretty great!

I'm upping the ante by starting my whole 30. I think my challenges this time around will be gum and hard candy. These have helped me with the cigarette cravings, although my cravings are less than they were. Am I nuts for doing this now? I'm already feeling similar withdrawals (foggy, tired,etc) from nicotine withdrawals that you typically feel starting the W30. I Am loving the feeling of freedom I am experiencing by not smoking to my complete amazement! I smoked 2 packs a day for over 20 years! I know my challenges are not over, but I really want to continue my journey with the right foot forward. I loved how I felt physically and mentally after just 13 days of the whole30 plan, and can't wait to do it again. Please pipe in with your suggestions and comments.

Congratulations on quitting smoking! I remember reading something about quitting smoking and doing the Whole30 simultaneously. It must have been in ISWF. I'm sure it's doable, but don't be too hard on yourself. I imagine it's an immense challenge. But, it sounds like you're really on the right track, so go for it! Why wait? I'll be rooting for you! :D

Wow!! Congratulations for quitting smoking and for starting another Whole 30. I've seen several people mention (in the last few days) that they are doing the same thing. You should start a thread for people who are quitting so you can all support each other. Sometimes it takes a few go-arounds of the whole 30 before it really sticks so I hope you find success with it this time around. You can save the money you would have spent on smokes and buy some lovely bacon from US Wellness meats :D

Good Luck!!

Good Luck!! I find staying tune the forum is a great help for keeping me on track and also for keeping me motivated and focus.

I also went a little crafty and created a goal board and posted images, inspirations on this board and my goals of course so every day I wake up it's in my face and reminds me where I am heading.

You can do it!!!

Archived