Super bloated

Stefz

I'm on Day 22 of my first Whole30. Doing this with my husband, who seems to be doing very well, except for some constipation but even that appears to be resolving. I, on the other hand, have definitely gained weight over the past 3 weeks. My clothes are super tight, even my bras. I am very uncomfortable. I am generally a very clean eater, I have celiac and never have any gluten whatsoever plus I love veggies and avoid dairy and refined sugars most of the time. 

A typical day on whole 30 for me has been:

breakfast: either 3 eggs or salmon with kale, sweet potato and 1/2 an avocado 

lunch: chopped salad with tuna or safdines

dinner: fish with roasted veggies, have had a wide range over the three weeks including eggplant, zucchini, sitting beans, tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli rabe, mushrooms, potatoes, sweet potatoes, all squashes and more. 

I have gotten creative over the past 3 weeks, making nut cheeses and cashew yogurt and incorporating these into salad dressings and sometimes vegan lasagna with zucchini and almond cheese. I don't eat meat or poultry but have been making those for my husband. I don't have an intolerance to nuts. Crucuferous veggies definitely give me gas and bloating but I don't think the would cause a weight gain. Would they? 

• Moderators

Sometimes having a lot of nuts or stuff made from them causes bloating for some people. Raw vegetables are more likely to cause issues than cooked vegetables. Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, or cabbage sometimes cause this issue. Some people find FODMAP vegetables cause these issues for them (https://www.thepaleomom.com/modifying-paleo-for-fodmap-intolerance/). 

It's really hard to say exactly what is happening. Everyone is different. 

Archived