Pompeian Red Wine vinegar and sulfites

Ekaterina

Please help! Starting another round of The Whole30 in two days, but need red wine vinegar to prep some things ahead of time... this pompeian bottle of red wine vinegar lists sulfites in the ingredients... what’s up with that? Allowed or should I pass?

C8E9E4C0-9F03-47CB-9BBD-EE88E4F666FC.jpeg

• Moderators

This is ok. The Contains sulfites part is on the next line. If the sulfites were in the ingredients, it wouldn't say contains, it would just list sulfites, or more likely something like potassium metabisulfite or some similar name that ends in sulfite.

• 3 months later...

Oh, I'm sorry! Sorry for the expletive! So  My sister is always watching this and she, after reading this thread, said that she had a similar problem. I just like to drink wine in terms of pleasure, haha. And it is suitable from the point of view of chemistry and it is quite strange. Sulfites and sulfates, what's the difference? I would like to understand this, but it's really very difficult guys... For me, it's easy - it's just to buy a bottle of wine for the evening from what service and take advantage of the discount from wine deals to save money. My sister is always looking at the wine label and keeping track of it all.

Wow, I had a similar one! It goes well with other ingredients!

Archived