Brain Fog/Dizzy?

brethkt

Hi all! My husband and I are doing the Whole 30 and he is doing great! However, I feel slightly dizzy/brain fog that comes and goes. It doesn't cause me to trip or anything, but just feel a little woozy. We are on day 10, is this normal? Is this a result of detoxing from sugar/carbs/desserts? I love sweets and snacking on crackers/chips/salsa, etc. I am pretty fit, so doing this to see if something is triggering stomach issues in me. But, I'm not sure if it's detox, or not eating enough? 

Thank you! :)

• Moderators

By day 10, any "carb flu" type symptoms should be gone, or at least getting less noticeable. 

People are often surprised how much food you can and should be eating on Whole30, so if you think you may be undereating, that's a good place to start.

Make sure each meal matches the meal template, with a palm-sized portion or two of protein, a thumb-sized portion or two of fat (or a heaping handful of olives or coconut flakes, or half to a whole avocado, or a small handful of nuts or seeds), and then 2 or more cups of vegetables. The fat should be in addition to any oil you cook in, and your veggies should include a mix of starchy and non-starchy vegetables. 

Also, be sure you're salting your food fairly generously. Not to the point it tastes over-salted, but if you were eating chips and crackers before, you were probably getting a lot of salt, and now unless you're making a conscious effort to add it, you may not be getting much at all.

Archived