First Whole30 Starting tomorrow

Tammy

Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'll be starting my first Whole30 tomorrow and I'm excited! I've lost about 35 pounds doing a meal delivery plan... but it's all a bunch of processed stuff and I'm starting to feel lousy. I could probably stand to lose another 10 pounds, but right now I'm more concerned with how I feel than with those last few pounds. I've been researching Paleo for quite some time now and in the process stumbled across the Whole30.

I bought the cookbook Well Fed and made a ton of stuff over the weekend. I cannot tell you how delicious the food is!! I am so surprised that I can eat such amazing food. I was never much of a cook, but it's so easy with this book!

I also made some of the sausage and butternut squash tonight from the Whole30 success guide to have in the morning for a quick breakfast. Tasted a bit and it was also delish!

I also made up my own little recipe for some egg muffins that I'll post in the recipe section.

So I have my breakfasts and lunches for the week taken care of and will just make dinner a couple times this week.

Tammy, welcome! Well Fed is an AWESOME resource, not just for the Whole30, but for your everyday life. I have found the meal planning and weekly cook-up advice to be indispensable if you want to eat well while managing a busy schedule. Between that & the Success Guide, you're well on your way to a successful Whole30! Don't forget to check out the Resources section of the forum for a list of websites with Whole30-compliant meal ideas, too.

Best of luck to you!

Tara

Tom - Thanks!

Tara - I LOVE Well Fed! I've been eating most of my meals from that book. It makes it so easy... and delicious!

SummerGirl - Almost too organized. :) I tend to research the heck out of things before delving in. But I do feel very prepared and am enjoying myself.

Archived