Glorious Day 1!

Courtney

So excited to be here. Did 6 days of Whole30 eating last week and felt amazing, better than I've felt in a long time. Did some destructive emotional eating over the weekend and saw how much of a negative impact sugar can have on me. I have gone 1-2 weeks in the past without sugar, but never a Whole30. I am so inspired by this program and am ready to commit.

I just found Whole9 a couple weeks ago and love the philosophy behind it. I've struggled with addiction and disordered eating and am drawn to Whole9's holistic approach to health and wellness. I'm so done with fad diets. I want a way of life that helps me thrive, a way in which to fuel myself without guilt and resulting in fatigue and hunger.

Day 1 of my Whole30 joyously complete. One day at a time...

THANK YOU Melissa and Dallas for getting this forum up! It's amazing!

xo

Courtney

Courtney,

I started Day 1 today as well so we can struggle and succeed together. My story is simple: I have always struggled with my weight, had a baby boy in 2010 and, now, I am the heaviest and unhealthiest I have ever been. For me, weight loss is greatly welcomed but feeling better and having more energy fuels my motivation to succeed. I have tried Atkins and Dukan (as well as other diets) but it seems to always come back to the same thing: diets are short term and I need a long term solution. Something to break the unhealthy cycle I have come to know.

Welcome! We can do this together!!

Hi Courtney,

I love your approach as it mirrors exactly how I feel; 'I'm so done with fad diets. I want a way of life that helps me thrive, a way in which to fuel myself without guilt and resulting in fatigue and hunger.'

'Thriving' is an undervalued goal, it is so often it is all about weight loss, looking good in jeans, getting rid of the muffin top or love handles, and whilst I don't want to belittle these goals (because being honest I still want these things too) but I now want to thrive more! I want to wake up feeling energised, I want to feel full of energy, run, skip or jump because it is joyful and hell if my muffin top spills over a little more than I'd like but I feel good then that's ok with me.

Good luck on your journey and looking forward to hearing how you are getting on!

CG xx

Hi Courtney,

I love your approach as it mirrors exactly how I feel; 'I'm so done with fad diets. I want a way of life that helps me thrive, a way in which to fuel myself without guilt and resulting in fatigue and hunger.'

'Thriving' is an undervalued goal, it is so often it is all about weight loss, looking good in jeans, getting rid of the muffin top or love handles, and whilst I don't want to belittle these goals (because being honest I still want these things too) but I now want to thrive more! I want to wake up feeling energised, I want to feel full of energy, run, skip or jump because it is joyful and hell if my muffin top spills over a little more than I'd like but I feel good then that's ok with me.

Good luck on your journey and looking forward to hearing how you are getting on!

CG xx

This t-shirt on Everyday Paleo was made for you cavegirl!

_design.png

Archived