Back again for September whole 30

Rebecca001

Hi Rebecca 

The ratatouille Sounds Like a great idea, it’s like a shakshuka.

oh yes cutting out nightshades would also be too restrictive for me.
I don’t always eat potatoes but when I don’t eat meat, I feel I need a little bit of sweet potato or normal potatoes or I get hungry again after 1 hour ;-)

yes I also make my chia puddings with frozen fruits & another favourite is grating an apple with cinnamon (cinnamon is supposed to be anti inflammatory) & raisins. Pop some roasted nuts on it in the morning & it’s a bit like a healthy muesli or Bircher muesli.

I don’t know why but I’ve been very moody this week/end & inpatient & irritable.

I can’t wait for Wednesday actually.

I’m planning to have some Prosecco or wine. I’m kinda done hahahaha 

have a lovely Sunday evening & good luck tomorrow going back to work.

Day 27. I’m still not well, in fact today k have taken the day off work and stayed in bed all morning. Then got up and have had a very slow afternoon. I have not felt well now for weeks. I am feeling quite down about it as I have had a really successful w30, no alcohol for nearly 8 weeks and yet I don’t feel any better. No tiger blood at all (yet) and I feel exhausted and wiped out. I know it’s not really related to my w30 but I had hoped I would feel better and I feel the same if not worse. 
i intend to just carry on with the plan but as it is my husbands birthday we are going out for a meal on Saturday night and I may have a glass of wine if I feel like one, then back on it for another few weeks. Once I have kicked this virus I hope I will then feel the benefits of the last month! 

• Like 1

Hi Rebecca,

I'm at day 30 today which means I'm finished & can start with the reintroductions tomorrow.

I'm sorry you still aren't well.

In a way it's good to know that you're not satisfied nor felt that Tiger Blood as I'm not feeling that as well & I have no idea what they're talking about as I never felt it. I am very low on energy as well & I think besides the water retention lost, I didn't lose any weight. I am usually 4-5 days/week in the gym or running or doing something... I haven't done anything (except going for walks), in the last 3 weeks. I just physically couldn't????

We are attending a wedding abroad this weekend so I will be eating out for 4 days which will make it impossible to keep a 100% on track so I will try my best to make the right choices but I will for sure enjoy champagne & wine.

I'm also coming back on Monday for a second round with hopefully more energy this time around.

See you on Monday & I sure hope you get to enjoy your dinner out & some wine! Maybe that's exactly what we needed ;-) 

Take care!

Barbara

Hi barbara. 
day 30 sort of came and went without any fanfare really. I didn’t feel well still. Thursday (day 31) I ate nothing all day, it was my sons birthday and I ate a piece of his cake (that’s all I ate all day - which I know is terrible and NOT how to reintroduce!) yesterday was my husbands birthday, and I drank 2 glasses of wine, and ate an Indian meal and rice. So again, not exactly how to reintroduce. I had a headache this morning and still feel this cold on my chest, like I could cough and cough all day. 
I’m definitely doing another 2 weeks back on it.. I don’t think I’ll manage a full 30 days as we have a night out planned for mid October that I will probably drink at, but I hope another 2 weeks will see this cold shifted and me feeling better (finally) 

I did lose 10lbs though- going from 160 to 150- which considering I did very little exercise and felt I had eaten a lot, is great. I imagine I regained a few of those last night though! So for the next two weeks I will continue with my food choices, I haven’t found the food a struggle at all this time. I do need to plan for this week better though as the week just gone I have had really odd meals and hardly any veg. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Rebecca,

I suppose you could call it food adventures ;-)

I did quite well at the wedding & the whole weekend overall.

I tried to be careful & not drink too much.

I made wise food choices when I could & one evening only had a few slices of watermelon as that was my only option.

I think dairy is my trigger. We had a lobster bisque soup at the wedding dinner & someone mentioned there was cream in it. I ate the dessert as well which was something with chocolate & ice cream. I regretted one hour later.

I was bloated (like 4 months pregnant) & had reflux. So I’ll try to stay away from dairy as much as I can.

we came back last night & shops are closed here on Sunday. There was no food in the house. My husband decided to order pizza for the kids & my parents so I tagged along. I’ve never been a big pizza fan so I won’t have any issues to stay away from it. On another note, I believe gluten & wheat are ok for me as I didn’t have any issues after eating pizza.

I didn’t have breakfast & just treated myself to an açai bowl. There’s a little granola & a bit peanut butter on top but aside from that, I’ll try to stay on track.

I just realised we also have a few dinners coming up & kids have a 2 week holiday starting Friday afternoon so I’ll just try to keep paying attention to what I’m eating when I can make my own choices for now.

As soon as I can, I’ll be doing another round as it feels safe & even though I only lost 5 pounds, at least I’m not gaining weight & I got rid of the water retention & the bloating.

I’m hoping once I get back on track with exercise etc…, I’ll lose a bit more weight.

maybe my body needs a bit more time to lose the extra pounds I’d wish to lose.

My current weight is 160 & I’d like to get back to 150 or 145 which was my forever weight until I moved here & gained 10 lbs in one year…

• 2 months later...

Hi @Rebecca001

Happy New Year!

I hope you’ve been feeling better now?

of course the little weight I lost already came back so I’m starting again after our holidays in London next week.

this time I’m also going to restrict my calorie intake so I’ll hopefully lose some weight this time around

My start date will be January 10th.

Maybe there are other people starting around the same time