Asprin for fever - did I blow my first W30?

Kat1

This weekend (days 10-12 of my first w30), probably thanks to my co-workers who insist on using their sick days for extra vacation, rather than to stay home when they are sick, I had a full blown bout with the flu. I managed to stay away from all the OTC meds I'd usually use to cover up the symptoms, but I had a fever of 100.7 and I took 2 doses of asprin. I feel guilty because I know that it has some nasties for inactive ingredients - most notably corn starch.

One way or the other, I'll carry on until the end of this 30 days (as despite the flu business, I've never felt better in my life and have surprisingly had no problems walking the line so to speak, even at the beginning) but the type A in me wants to know...did I blow it? :(

Thanks Tom! Like I said the type A in me freaked out once I was feeling well again :rolleyes: . And yes, in Bayer at least:

Active ingredient (in each tablet)

Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid). Pain reliever/fever reducer

Inactive ingredients

carnauba wax*, corn starch, hypromellose, powdered cellulose, triacetin

I was surprised at what I saw. Though I hope I now have immunity at least until next season! I definitely am hoping that my new relationship with food helps keep the nasties away from me - especially in April when I start my Whole45+++ :D

I

Archived