Crazy Cravings

I'm currently on day 14 and can't seem to shake my cravings. Strangely enough, they're not all for sweets. Every afternoon, I get really intense cravings for either a salt bomb (like olives) or for something sour (mango with tajin is a good example). I've tried distracting myself with work, but the craving persist for a good 30 minutes, if not longer. I find myself caving to them with little snacks, but I know this defeats the purpose of breaking oneself of the habit of giving in. I know in these moments I'm definitely not hungry as I'm often still physically full from lunch.  After dinner, I've been dying for something chocolatey or caramely - think rich, with sweet/savory profile. This craving I just bear, sometimes have good earth sweet & spicy tea. 

My meals have normally looked like this: 

Breakfast: Matcha tea & fried egg with lox, and side of berries, avocado, or grapefruit OR veggie scramble with kale, tomatoes & sometimes sausage. 

Lunch: palm sized amount of protein (fish/chicken/pork) with veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus,) sometimes sweet potato or avocado

Snacks: sometimes I will have a few olives, or mango with tajin, or almond butter with granny smith apple slices or with a handful of blueberries. 

Dinner: slightly bigger than palm sized protein (fish/chicken/pork) with veggies with sparkling water or kombucha 

throughout the day I have water and sparkling water.

I haven't been exercising outside of long walks, as I got a bad cold the first week and wanted to lay low. I can tell that I'm losing weight based on the change I see in my body and face and the way my clothes fit. 

Please help! 

• 1 month later...

Hello, I am getting ready to start Whole30 and I think I will find myself in the same place as you.  I can see it's been a while since you posted and that no one responded to you. I hope you are doing well now and got this figured out. It'll be something I need to figure out for sure!!