Starting today (1/21)

Chris Puentes

Good morning-

I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My name is Chris, and today is day 1 for me. I'm excuted to see what the changes in my diet will do for my health and and energy levels. I've been eating pretty well by most people's standards, but not Whole30, for sure. The hardest part will probably be ditching my wine at dinner time :( But, truth be told, I've been wanting to drink less of it for a while, so...

I had a zucchini and sweet pepper frittata this morning for breakfast, with half an avocado, and a few blueberries and strawberries. Pretty typical breakfast for me, except it seemed like a lot of food (2 eggs). I shredded 2 zucchini squashes into the dish, and it was a little dominated by the squash. Next time 1!

Good luck to everyone, and here's to good health!

Chris

Welcome Chris. Actually, you probably needed one to two more eggs. The meal template calls for a palm sized protein (or 2 if you need more) which would be as many as you can hold in your palm. I can hold 3 fairly easily, so I have a feeling you could hold that many or more. :)

I started today too! I guess we can be our own little group, haha. I did a lot of prep work and cooking this weekend since during the week I can't predict my work hours. I'm learning to choke down avocado for this, although I did find that unless I want to cut open my own coconut (which I can buy, but given that I already cut my finger today, probably isn't a good idea...) I won't have any coconut flakes. My store only carries sweetened ones. I'll be struggling a little bit to eat enough fat since I HATE avocado, but I'll force myself to eat it until I either like it or am done with W30.

I'm glad someone else started today. When I want to KILL ALL THE THINGS, I won't be as alone hahaha. Good thing my husband won't be home until after this is over. And yet, I'd much rather have him here and want to kill him!

Good luck Chris and Mrs. Stick! I am on my 5th day and expecting the book to arrive tomorrow, which is good because I need it... I am hungry all the time so I must be doing something wrong... can't wait to read it and get straightened out before I jump ship!

Yay Chris and Mrs Stick! Today was my first Day as well!!

Chris, one of my big reasons for doing the W30 was to have a healthier relationship with food but also to ditch the wine heavy habit I have. I love the stuff!

Mrs. Stick, What about nut butters? It might be a good way to get some fats.... And I am with you on the food prep, I spent most of last week getting ready and planning meals. Mainly since I don't do well with any temptation if I am even the slightest temptation. Hoping the W30 can do something to manifest more like iron-strength will power. Or any will-power, really.

I am looking forward to being on the same days as other people since I have been on the forum for a little while and am always inspired by the support!!

Cheers!!

Haha, here's where I sound a little bit picky. I've hated olives since I was a kid and, while I'll tolerate them occasionally in food, I don't like the taste. To be honest, I hate the taste of olive oil too. Green or black, olives aren't my thing, but they might have to become it.

As for the nut butter, supposedly my American grocery store (I live in Germany) will occasionally carry a compliant almond butter (met a lady who is paleo at physical therapy last week) but they didn't have it this week. For now it's peanut butter and sunflower butter.

How do you make sure you eat enough of the coconut oil? I am fine cooking with it (I used to put it into smoothies to make them more satisfying) but not really sure how to eat it as a fat on its own.

I am planning on making mayo, just need to find a lighter flavored olive oil first. I may go to the American store on my lunch break (since it's just around the corner from my building) tomorrow (since there was a federal holiday yesterday, today is their restock day and they'll be closed). Maybe they'll even have the almond butter! *fingers crossed*

How can I hate so many healthy fats? Avocado, olives...not cool of me. I need to suck it up and deal with it!

That being said, morning of day 2 and no headache. Just ate breakfast and the avocado wasn't nearly as bad when it's smashed into a boiled egg with salsa on top. I was sure that 8 lbs of veggies would be plenty for a week, but it doesn't seem to be so. After one day I'm already running low...all I have left is a bit of steamed broccoli (besides the stuff that's in my lunches for the week), five roasted mushrooms, some sauteed peppers and onions, and 1 lb of roasted carrots plus sugar snap peas and four raw carrots (lunches).

Archived