Another "should I restart?"question

Guest Andria

Usually between lunch and dinner, around 3 pm, I feel like I "need" something but have been able to ignore it. Today it turned into eating every compliant thing I could get my hands on: macadamia nuts, Lara bar, warm coconut milk drink w/ spices and then sweet potato while I was making chicken for dinner(which by that point I wasn't even hungry, but knew I should being eating the protein to balance my hormones).

It stemmed, in part, from the need for "something" and stress of fighting w/my SO and being upset because I can tell my body comp is changing for the worse and the stress of wanting to make a drastic change in my career(ie, feelings of guilt because I want to quit my job because I do not feel it is conducive to a healthy lifestyle)

Pertinent info: I am on day 4 of a restart! Failed on day16

I'm sorry you're feeling badly. It sounds you're having a tough time in general, not necessarily with the plan. Yes, you ate emotionally, but you stayed compliant! I think everyone must have a moment like this at some point. Instead of beating yourself up, give yourself a pat on the back for sticking to the plan (and having the strength to start again, no less!).

Pertinent info: I am on day 4 of a restart! Failed on day16

Ouch! Be kind to yourself, you made it father than 99% of the world because they refuse to start. Yes it didn't go the way you'd hoped but you made it 16 days, again, 16 days longer than the vast majority of Americans. While it might seem like **everyone** is having a successful W30 the reality is that most people are still plodding along afraid to take an honest look at their dinner plate and make some changes. You've already shown that you're brave enough to start and to start anew, give yourself some love and grace, with a healthy dose of forgiveness, and keep going. What are your goals? Remind yourself of them or create them if you didn't do it in the first place. You know you have a trigger time around 3, make a plan to deal with the cravings and urges. Create a new ritual, if you drink tea, make that your sacred tea time. If you can, get out of the house or office for a few minutes. Pop on here and give others encouragement to continue when things seem hardest for you, might sound counterproductive but it really does work! And yes, definately reach out and get that support you need to continue. This is an incredible community of like minded individuals, there's something magical about connecting with people who **get** you.

Archived