First attempt failed, please give me motivation here for another!

Hi there-

I'm really sad to say I cheated on day 9 of my first whole30 with 7 chocolate covered almonds, Yes. 7. It was not worth it and I felt awful. And cheating just made me feel like I had ruined it all anyways so I needed to start over, especially after a tough 9 days. Tomorrow would have been my last day. I weighed myself and lost 2lbs, which would have been more if I had stuck with it. Sigh.

My downfalls were:

Having no food prepared after the gym

Cravings

Being sick of feeling limited by foods because I'm a really picky eater.

Not liking coconut products.

Advice?! I want to try this again...

Jessie

Keep on going! By far the best thing you can do for yourself is continue to build the habit of eating compliant foods and preparing meals. It gets a lot easier when it becomes habit to buy and prepare foods that you like that are good for you. A little bit of experimentation in the kitchen can go a long way toward finding things you can make and have on hand, so that you won't find yourself unprepared. A few things I like to do:

Bake sweet potatoes 5-6 at a time, then mash up in a bowl (I throw in a bit of coconut milk and cinnamon, but you could try a bit of OJ instead or even just plain!). Instant side dish!

Make a big batch of cole slaw. A very simple recipe is to make some homemade olive oil mayo (egg yolks, olive oil and a dash of vinegar - google a recipe for technique), throw in some more vinegar (I like apple cider), and salt/pepper/garlic powder, toss it into 1-2 chopped heads of cabbage and some grated carrots. Instant side dish #2!

Keep organic hot dogs on hand for emergencies. They are good sliced up and pan fried for a few minutes.

Primal pacs (www.primalpacs.com.) For when you've got nothing else, one of these will tide you over for a couple of hours!

Archived