just finished

Shelly B

Today is day 31 for me. I was GF before starting, but I had a pretty big addiction to ice cream and potato chips - also diet sodas, splenda in my coffee, etc.

Those are gone now. I don't miss diet sodas at all - I won't be adding them back. I don't need the chemical sweeteners, and I don't need to reach for ice cream or chips to 'make me feel better.' I got through social situations, work functions, home and work stress - all of it - without wavering from my whole30. I am pretty impressed with myself! :)

I feel much better. I have a lot less joint aches and pains. I have more energy. I am happier. I sleep like a baby.

I also gained 3 pounds. I am trying to tell myself that I am not disappointed, but I am. It isn't a weight loss diet, I know. I feel great - this should be enough. Maybe I ate too much fruit, maybe used to much coconut oil and/or ghee. I don't know, but maybe I'll try again in a week or so.

I could use some words of encouragement and/or things to try to do differently next time.

Thanks! :)

Hi Shelly and a big CONGRATS on your Whole30 success! You gained some really valuable benefits and knowledge.

When I did my first Whole30, I gained weight. I think I ate waaaay too many coconut products and fruit. I know I am also chronically stressed (4 kids, husband who is still farming in the worst drought in 50 years, no family close...) and don't sleep well, and I exercised too much. None of those things are conducive to weight loss.

This time around, I followed the meal template more closely, did shorter intense workouts followed by less intense recovery periods, and tried to work on my stress level. I lost 4 pounds!

Every Whole30 is different, and you learn something every time.

Congratulations again!

Archived