Anyone else much more flexible post Whole30?

Fenderbender

Just curious..... I've done a W100 with great success with a plethora of health/performance benefits, but just this week I started to back off certain aspects of my exercise and replace with yoga.... I always loved but hated yoga because I was so inflexible!

Low and behold, without changing anything else, I attended two yoga classes this week for the first time in months and I'm as limber as Gumby ( well for me anyway). I am able to ease into most poses with no pain or stress.... Really amazing for me

I attribute my new found flexibility to a massive reduction in inflammation ..... Way cool!!!!

Anyone else?

Oooh maybe I will give yoga a try again! I've always hated it for the same reason...found it to cause more stress than it relieved, because I was so frustrated I couldn't do any of it right. I've only just finished W30 though, you are much farther along. Maybe I'll give it a try in a few months. Happy for you, and thanks for sharing! :)

JJB..... I would strain my back or neck or hamstring every time and come out all crooked and in pain..... Now I'm all relaxed and loose as a goose..... Yes... The longer you stay eating this way, the more your body heals..... Amazing how fast we rebound from years of abuse.

My back was so tight I couldn't even think of shoulder stand or plow... Now my feet just plop over and hit the floor behind me with out a care

Befab..... Full contact Zumba? Lol. Right on!

... Now my feet just plop over and hit the floor behind me with out a care

LOL...this creates quite the mental picture! I have always had the tightest hamstrings on Earth, I think. My physical therapist was amazed that my quads were decently flexible (so...great, I'm completely imbalanced). I think the reason I developed plantar fasciitis a few years back was from my tight muscles. Daily hamstring stretches gave me probably 50% pain relief, within a week or two. It is really good to hear that greater flexibility is a side effect of healthy eating, and I'm definitely looking forward to giving it a try again soon. I haven't felt much difference in my regular workouts as of yet, but again it's pretty early for me.

I am on day 24 and I went to Bikram yoga the last two days. It is amazing the difference I suddenly feel. I know it's the diet, as I was doing Bikram before this and even going 4-6 days a week I only saw a slight improvement in flexibility. I feel less back pain, more ability to bend, and endurance. It's awesome!

Archived