Restaurant help!

Hi all, my husband and I are on day 5 and things are going well. On Friday we have a friend's birthday dinner we can't skip out on.

I am trying to figure out the best thing to get on the menu, but would love your thoughts:

http://www.carmelcafe.com/userfiles/files/Main%20Dinner%20Menu%20Nov%202012%20copy.pdf

I am thinking the shrimp ceviche with no crisps and a house salad with no cheese, add chicken, and ask for oil and vinegar on the side for dressing.

Thanks so much! xx

My favorite eating out treat is steak. It's always so much better in a restaurant than at home (I don't cook steak in the winter, only on the grill in the summer). Plus, steak is filling, so I'm not tempted to eat anything noncompliant. Also, the roasted veggies would be good - just check on what kind of oil they use, if any.

Bon appetite!

Whatever you order you are going to have to. Make subs or omissions . Try, the. Chicken no quinoa couscous...ask for salad or other veggie. Instead. I usually start off with explaining I'm ona limited diet.then. Let them guide me. From there. They often warn me of hidden sugars. Or grains. The ceviche may have sugar so double check.the salads work minus a few things. Ask about their dressings...they can often b ok...so ask. I have found waitstaff to. Be extremely accommodating and helpful when I am open and upfront from the beginning about what I need.

Archived