Started on Feb. 4th

gattling

Hey all,

My name is Greg. I started using a personal trainer back in November, and since that time he's convinced me to give this Whole30 thing a try. I'm still a little skeptical, but I'm fully committed to this. While I realize weight loss is not the ultimate goal of the Whole30, it's an important goal for me. Nevertheless, given my current weight (I'm 5'8", and weighed 280 lbs. last week), I'm pretty confident that eating healthier ("real food", as they say around here) and regularly going to the gym (3 times a week right now) will take care of this.

Today is Day 5, and things are going pretty well. My trainer wisely recommended I quit diet sodas and artificial sweeteners at my first session with him in November, and I haven't had any since. Additionally, over the past month or so, he's suggested I try to have one Paleo meal a day. Hence, the transition to the Whole30 has not been as shocking as I imagine it could have been otherwise. (Giving up the soda and artifical sweetener in my coffee was tough...I was grouchy for a good week or so...or at least grouchier than normal)

Anyway, here I am, and here I go.

Best,

Greg

Hey Greg, I started W30 on the 4th as well!

It's been an adjustment - I've always dieted low calorie and sweeteners galore...

I'm feeling great (after those first few awful days;)....but discipline is HARD! Knowing that there are only certain foods I may be eating makes me feel a little rebellious, even tho honestly there's plenty to eat...

How are you doing? Still goin' strong I hope??

Star -- Still hanging in there...Day 11 and counting! The first week was a little rough, not necessarily because of the cravings, but because I was stressing so much about everything I was eating. It's definitely gotten better in that respect.

My GI tract is still a little unsettled, but that's improving.

The best part is the fact that I'm definitely noticing physical changes. My clothes are baggier, and I'm fastening my belt one notch inward. I know I'm not supposed to weigh myself, but I did sneak a peak recently (sue me, W30 police!) and was very pleased at what I saw.

Feels good to be one-third of the way along, eh? :-)

Greg, that is so awesome that you're losing weight!

I'm totally phobic of the scale - if I get on it and haven't lost anything, I may just throw the towel in. Which is dumb b\c W30 is a great experience for my body regardless of weight loss.

So I's jus' keepin' away!!!

I'll have to admit I'm not being as perfect as I should (and I may try another 'even better' W30 sometime) but NO WAY am I touching anything non-compliant... so that's some victory I guess ;)

G'luck over the weekend!

Well, I'm halfway through (today is Day 16), and I thought I add here (for my amusement more than anything) that I had my first "food dream" last night. I was wondering if I was going to have any of those. Hot dinner roll with melted butter. Felt really guilty both in my dream and when I woke up. Took me a good minute or two to realize that [a] I had been dreaming and, no, I do not need to start the W30 over again.

Pretty funny.

Archived