Whole30 consistency

Smaani

My biggest personal obstacle to keeping the whole30 is consistency. I know this because I've started and restarted paleo every couple of weeks for the past few months. I'm done disappointing myself.

To help ensure my success I'm using these posts to share my most challenging moments or what I anticipate to be most challenging

The first of these is the persian family wedding I'm attending tonight (day 2). I'm stating here my commitment to keeping the whole30 through a night that will present many temptations.

But there's one more thing. My whole30 nutritional goal is to eat dinner early. I rarely eat late without binging and although I'll be in at a social event where its hard to lose control, I still need to tell myself (and others apparently) that ill eat my dinner slowly and conscious of my hunger level.

Good luck! And congratulations, so many people would just have said,"I have that wedding this week, I will start eating healthy NEXT week. This is all pretty new to me and I keep reminding myself,"You won't NEVER have the chance to have that food, you just are choosing not to have it NOW."

• 2 weeks later...

It's Day 13 for me and I've been wanting to tell the whole30 community how awesome it feels!

I'm particularly happy that last night I came home after a few hours, decided I wasnt hungry and went to bed. Pre-whole30 I would have eaten out of what habit - habit being eat when you come home despite hunger level.

Good luck to all...

Archived