Eating disorder recovery support?

Noelle

Whole30 is helping me immensely with my ED recovery process, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here.

I'd like to start an Eating Disorder Recovery Support thread (maybe under "medical conditions"). I know eating disorders and recovering from them can be a tough subject, though. Would a thread like this be appropriate on the forum?

• Moderators

The Whole30 does offer a sane approach to eating. I'm glad it has been helpful to you.

I am uncomfortable with the idea of identifying a thread as focused on eating disorders. I would rather people share their own issues and let others respond from their own experience, strength, and hope without flagging the sharing as an eating disorder discussion.

There are many people with knowledge of eating disorders around the forum, but it is important for discussions to stay focused on the Whole30 and not branch out into discussions of eating disorders. The purpose and mission of the forum is to provide information and support regarding the Whole30. As moderators we haven't always done a good job of keeping things focused on the Whole30, but we are beginning to try to do better.

Archived