getting worse, not better

lisaud

I have been whole 30 compliant for the past 5.5 weeks. Initially, I felt better and had more energy. I didn't feel amazing but I felt OK and I lost weight which is an important goal.

Around the start of week four I started to go "down hill." I became lethargic, restless and very tired. And I'm getting worse by the day. I'm not working out...just some walking and I get tired very quickly when I do. In fact, I get tired just standing.

I think I'm eating enough calories and fat. I'm having protein, fat and veggies at every meal. I'm having small amount of starchy vegetable pretty much every day. I'm eating a couple of handfuls of nuts and a small amount of fresh fruit every day or so. And I'm actually losing weight without hunger. It would be perfect if I felt better.

Am I making a rookie mistake. Do I need to take supplements (I take vitamin D and fish oil). I'm feeling pretty discouraged because I feel that I finally found a way of eating that will support weight loss but I can't go on this way! I'm planning a trip to Europe in 6 weeks and there is no way I'll be able to survive let alone enjoy myself with my current energy level!

First meal is something like a veggie frittata or hard boiled eggs with avocado and black tea, second meal is some kind of protein (@4 - 6 oz) with a salad and dressing, a handful of nuts and an apple or orange for a snack, third meal is protein (@ 6 oz), vegetables sauted in coconut oil, half of a sweet potato with ghee. That's pretty much it. Lately I've been having herbal tea with a couple of prunes (which I drop in the tea for a while) later in the evening.

I usually get about 7 hours of sleep. Occasionally less and sometimes more on the weekends. I have a fairly active job in healthcare. I'm on my feet a lot and cover a lot of ground throughout the day. I go up and down several flights of stairs several times a day and I go for 15 or 20 minute "brisk" walks at lunch time if the weather is decent. However, I'm not getting any other exercise. I was gearing up to start but my fatigue has held me back.

Archived