Meal Plans for Beginners...Help!

Amanda Brady

I just finished reading 'It Starts With Food'. I do understand that we are all responsible adults, not babies that need hand holding throughout this entire process. I have decided that the Whole30 is something I'm interested in doing. I am trying to create a plan for myself instead of walking in blind. I'm not worried about slipping up with cheating, but I am finding myself completely overwhelmed trying to put 3 meals per day together and assemble a grocery shopping list. Is there any resource available online that offers perhaps a week's worth of meals and a matching grocery list? I would really appreciate the additional structure for the first week until I get the hang of everything. Any help from everyone would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance and my apologies if this has already been discussed!

I found the website thefoodee.com to be really helpful in my first couple of weeks. They have a tab strictly for whole 30 approved recipes and it builds your shopping list for you. Also, the pantry stocking guide from 'It Starts With Food' is helpful and the recipes provided in the back of the book are amazing and usually pretty quick and easy. Frittatas and curries are my new best friends!

Check out paleosavvy.com

They have a Whole30 meal plan. I think their purpose is to sell their cookbook, but the recipes look delicous! I'm going to buy my copy today. (I swear I don't work for them either.)

I also like thefoodee.com as well.

Lots and lots of great ideas.

I'm very challenged at making a meal plan & grocery lists too. I got the Food Planner app & love it. Basically, you enter your recipes then select the meals you want for each day. You can choose which ingredients you need to add to your grocery list. It automatically adds quantities together which is very helpful. For example if you add several meals that use red peppers, the app adds all the red peppers together so that you know exactly how many you need for the week.

The app is free and is available for both android & iPhone.

Archived