All-Natural Packaged Foods

MJKinOki

I finished my W30 a month ago and have now switched to a Paleo lifestyle, trying to keep with the W30 rules with the exception of a treat here and there. I feel like I'm doing a really good job riding my own bike, but have a question about packaged foods. I ordered the Bombay Ranch Kale Chips from Nuts.com and they are amazing! I try not to snack but like to have something on hand for those times that I'm starving or lazy or for whatever reason unable to make something fresh. The ingredients are Kale, cashews, sunflower seeds, red onion, garlic, basil, white pepper, turmeric, apple cider vinegar, and sea salt. I'm wondering if these are a bad idea for a snack since they are pre-made? Thoughts?

As you say, you've finished your W30, you're riding your own bike so it's absolutely up to you what you eat from now on :) Now, personally i like to stick to the W30 meal plan, I genuinely believe it's the healthiest way to eat. Does that mean we should never snack? In an ideal world if we were all perfect then, yes, - no snacks. However we're not perfect, things are not always ideal and, as packaged snacks go, this one doesn't look too bad to me. Personally, if I saw them, I'd run in the other direction but that's because I used to make Kale chips a lot when I was a raw food vegan and again, for me, they are totally a food without brakes. I used to treck right across the city by bus when I couldn't get kale locally and could eat a whole dehydrator full and then get impatient for the next lot.

Now, presuming you're not as obsessed as I was :), I'd say post W30 it comes down to personal choice. If you can take them or leave them, they're not causing an unhealthy psychological response (like they do with me) and you're not using them as an excuse not to eat healthy meals, then, as I said, as snacks go, I reckon you could do a lot worse. Good luck with your continuing healthy life.

Archived