Silicon Valley Entrepreneurs Turn Focus to Fake Eggs

pdecks

Some of my vegan friends were all atwitter about the news of "delicious tasting" fake eggs being concocted in laboratories in Silicon Valley. To that I say, "ew." Yet another fake food to confuse the masses, especially over one of the most nutritious foods there is.

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/silicon-valleys-fake-eggs-are-better-than-the-real-thing

Yeuch. i'm speechless. I mean what is this drive to stop people eating real food. I'll stick to my weekly delivery of eggs from the farm rather than this peas, sunflower lecithin, canola, and natural gums lab concoction, thank you very much. The really sad thing is, in the comments section, people are saying this sounds wonderful and where can they get them :(

I started a war of words by commenting on the Facebook post created by my vegan friend, although none of the non-egg eating people commenting could come up with a salient argument as to why they shouldn't just eat peas instead. They were enraged when I called the egg-like food product "fake" and "frankenfood", when that's what it is.

Faith in the laboratory is too high and confidence in nature too low.

Word.

I started a war of words by commenting on the Facebook post created by my vegan friend, although none of the non-egg eating people commenting could come up with a salient argument as to why they shouldn't just eat peas instead. They were enraged when I called the egg-like food product "fake" and "frankenfood", when that's what it is.

I think, from a logistical perspective, that something a vegan could use in place of eggs would make lots of dishes easier. Baking comes to mind. Vegans already have to create egg substitutes for dishes - this would be one that's wrapped in a familiar package.

Kinda sad, though...

Archived