Am I doing it right?

vtgekko

I'm on Day 4. This is what I've been eating. I'm not hungry between meals but I just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Day1:

1 - two eggs fried with coconut oil, sweet potato hash (sweet potatoes, peppers and onions sauteed/fried in coconut oil) and blueberries

2 - salad with grilled balsamic chicken (romaine, spinach, broccoli, carrots, celery, cucumbers) and apple or orange slices for flavor/juice and guacamole

3 - meatloaf with steam sauteed veggies (zucchini, brocoli, asparagus)

Day 2:

1 - eggs with sweet potato hash and berries

2 - salad with chicken and guacamole

3 - grilled chicken with steam sauteed veggies

Day 3:

1 - eggs with sweet potato hash and half a pear

2 - salad with chicken, guacamole and half of pear

3 - taco seasoned ground beef with fresh tomato salsa and guacamole

Day 4:

1 - eggs with sweet potato hash and berries

2 - salad with chicken and apple slices

3 - grilled citrus chicken with steam sauteed veggies and side salad

I'm getting bored with eggs but I never really have leftovers. My husband eats them all! I"m hoping to do a larger weekly cook up this weekend to get through week 2.

• Moderators

Your food choices look okay. I would like to see more beef, lamb, or fish and less chicken because chicken is less of a nutrition powerhouse than the others. The only meal where you reveal portion size is day one breakfast. Two eggs is light. If you are eating equally light at lunch and supper, I am surprised you are not hungry. If you are hungry or feel low energy, eat more. For reference, here is the meal template: http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Thank you for the review. I'm allergic to shellfish/shrimp and often get sick from fish because of cross-contamination issues, so those are out. I do need to add more beef, I just like chicken. I eat a lot of chicken normally. I'm going to try to add some pork chops (if I can find it) this week and make a pot roast for leftovers. I usually have just 2 eggs for breakfast, I tried 3 and couldn't eat it all. I never used to eat breakfast at all so eating breakfast in general is new. All other protein at meals is at least the palm size or more and i fill the res tof my plate with the veggies/salad. Oh I also put nuts on the salad, usually almond, cashews or pecans too.

Archived