How does this look for a meal plan?

Avalanche

This is my basic template for the week, at least until the lamb stew runs out, at which point I'll have something else for dinner protein.

Meal 1: spinach-pancetta frittata, sliced avocado, salad greens, couple slices smoked salmon, blueberries

Meal 2: butternut squash and sweet potatoes; salad greens, cooked salmon, guac "dressing"

Meal 3: lamb stew (w/carrots, onions, leeks, garlic, diced tomatos), salad greens w/ olive oil and balsamic, roasted veggies (2 or more of: zucchini, onion, sweet potatoes, butternut squash), banana or pear

Note: pancetta and smoked salmon are both compliant brands

Hi Avalanche, what time's dinner? or lunch? or breakfast? 'Cos with meals like that I'm coming to join you :D Seriously, as you say, after the lamb's finished, have a different protein, it's good to change them about but those meals look fine to me. If your portions are big enough, you probably won't always need the fruit with every dinner, veg are better but there's nothing wrong with what you're having.

My initial suggestion would be adding some starchy carbs to your breakfast, maybe sweet potato. Looks like your eating enough fat, which is good! Maybe throw in some more veggies on your salad, like bell peppers, tomatoes, etc...Looks great to me, though! Hopefully a moderator can chime in too.

Thanks, Katie. Actually the last couple of days I've also been having some sweet potato and butternut squash at breakfast, so we're on the same wavelength. I ended up getting rid of the frittata - eggs in that form weren't agreeing with me. And yes - more veggies in the salad! You are totally right, i was just thinking about that this morning.

Hi Avalanche, what time's dinner? or lunch? or breakfast? 'Cos with meals like that I'm coming to join you :D Seriously, as you say, after the lamb's finished, have a different protein, it's good to change them about but those meals look fine to me. If your portions are big enough, you probably won't always need the fruit with every dinner, veg are better but there's nothing wrong with what you're having.

Kirsteen - 7am, 1pm and 7pm respectively, come on down! The fruit is sort of an option - if I'm not feeling it, I'll skip it. Lamb stew didn't last too long, my husband always eats mega portions when I make a stew or chili (he is not W30 by any stretch). Last night was hamburgers, tonight pork chops. Tomorrow I'm going to make a sashimi salad w/nori, avocado and coconut aminos!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. While this isn't vastly different from how I've eaten in the past, it's different enough to sometimes feel doubtful.

Archived