This newbie is ready to go!

Alyie

Hi everyone,

I am super excited to take part in the whole30. I think this is what I have been looking for and very much needing.

I am an Air Force wife, mother to a 3 year old adorable son, full-time nursing student and I have just returned from my first international mission trip.

Growing up I was super skinny. I was in the bottom 5% of size and had problems gaining weight. I have been in Taekwondo since I was 3, competed since I was 7 and taught since I was 15. I had never taken a break until I got pregnant with my son in 2009. I was roughly 105 the day I found out. I was immediately sick and placed on bed rest through the rest of my pregnancy due to pre-eclampsia, eclampsia and HELLP syndrome. I think that going from working out and training daily to absolutely nothing induced my drastic weight gain (that and the onset of depression from lack of activity), no to mention i was on a pretty paleo diet until then. I gained 80 lbs. After giving birth I had gall bladder surgery, then two knee surgeries. So, basically since March 2009 I have been virtually inactive due to various reasons. I am currently training in Tkd again and I have recently discovered a passion for CrossFit. I am looking to change my life. I don't want to be skinny or thin. I want to be healthy, strong and mentally fit. I see this as an awesome way to reset my eating habits and ditch the carb/sugar cravings. I pretty well versed in nutrition due to Tkd and school. So, I hope that I can revert back to logic and not act on the cravings any more. I've set goals for myself. None really have to do with weight or measurements. Looking forward to getting to know you all through this common goal :)

Archived