Organic raw crystallised coconut nectar - Whole 9 approved?

Hi there,

I've almost finished my W30 and am looking forward to making a paleo treat to celebrate.

I've found coconut sugar online and I wondered if this is something that might be Whole 9 approved, or should I make a treat from honey or maple syrup instead?

I would like to know which is the healthier ingedient, or if coconut sugar is indeed healthy (or not that bad for you) at all?

I still have some regular sugar in my pantry, which I kept to do some baking for the rare times I want a treat or to make a cake, but perhaps this coconut sugar will do the trick and won't be as bad for me.....

Should I throw the brown & icing sugar I've kept?!

Thanks for your help,

Carla

We're almost done, too, and looking for a reward. We've decided to visit the appliance store to jazz up our kitchen with a few things to make the next 30 days, and beyond, a little more efficient. We may also visit a Brazilian restaurant for some nice meats, but we have a few questions to ask and some re-intro info to learn first.

Whatever your celebration, enjoy!

I don't think any sugar substitutes are approved, but after your whole30 I would highly recommend coconut sugar if you're deciding to have a treat. I tried using it once to treat low blood sugar (I'm diabetic) and it didn't work, my blood sugar didn't go up at all :)

Archived