Day 27 and I think I've stuffed it with non-compliant balsamic

I'm on Day 27 but decided a while ago to extend it to a whole45.

Today I realised I'm pretty sure the balsamic vinegar I've been using isn't compliant.

I use it as a salad dressing about every second day.

Should I restart or extend beyond the whole 45 or do you think the next 18 days should be enough to sort it out?

I'm pretty sure it's got added sulphites, not just naturally occuring ones.

My goals were largely to stop eating so much sugar, kick some poor eating habits (absent-minding snacking etc) and improve my energy levels. My energy levels haven't been as great as I'd expected or hoped, and I'm wondering if this could be a reason why.

• Moderators

Sulphites can be very troubling to your gut, so the frequent doses with the balsamic may be to blame for your less than great experience. I think you should get a good idea of what totally clean eating is like by finding a safer balsamic and continuing a few more weeks.

Try Tessamae's dressings. They're kinda pricey, but VERY good!! I'm incredibly cheap, but just bought the 12 bottles (get the 12th free) from them and consider it well worth it. I also do olive oil/lemon whenever I'm out. I'm on day 16 and have dropped from a size 18/20 to a comfortable 16 and yesterday wore a 13/14 so it's definitely working.

Archived