I just want to be free from food.

Meg Poore Tuttle

Do you know what I mean? I have struggled with relying on food for emotional "support" for more than five years of my life. WOW. I am done. I am so over feeling like I have no power to say no to food that doesn't offer good psychological, hormonal, healthy guy and healthy immune function. I am just done with this. Done with relying on food when I'm lonely, sad, angry, frustrated (even happy!). What will I do?

Tomorrow I will make decisions to support the four food standards. Making choices to benefit me and the body that God has given me! I am excited, nervous, scared and READY!!!!! Tomorrow... Day 1/30. I am ready!

I've also always had a love hate emotional relationship with food. My weight would shift drastically up and down and I didn't feel like I had any control.

This program rocks though! First week is tough but it's totally worth it. I'm near the end and its a world of difference to where I was in the beginning. Good luck!

Day one:

Breakfast, three eggs in ghee, Celery with almond butter and coffee with coconut milk and coconut oil

Lunch, Brisket and big salad with kalamata olives, boiled egg and olive oil

Dinner, Brisket and big salad with kalamata olives, boiled egg and olive oil

Snack: organic blueberries with cinnamon, almonds and coconut butter (homemade)

Go, Meg, go!

I completely understand wanting to be free from food. It's the one addiction we can't just quit. But I'm finding something about the specific discipline of the Whole30 that is really changing things for me.

Keep it up! You're going great so far.

Yes! As Melissa said in her post on addiction, "We're asking you to use in moderation." Whoa. But hope you are already finding that not using food to deal with those feelings is feeling much better (even great some days). Congratulations! (Also, I would like to come to your house for dinner. You have sure come a long way from brisket! :-) )

Archived