AIP Chicken Curry

Moluv

AIP Chicken Curry

2 cups or so shredded carrots sautéed in fat of choice (I used I tbsp of tallow)

Add an inch of chopped ginger, turmeric (a root) and cinnamon (a bark, both safe), salt of choice (I use coarse Celtic grey) to taste

Add precooked chopped chicken, 2 cups chicken stock and a cup or so of puréed butternut squash and heat through.

This is a curry substitute for those who can't do coconut milk, though if you can, go for it. The combination of ginger, turmeric and cinnamon give me the curry experience without the spices and the butternut purée gives it the creaminess I am after.

If anyone has any other AIP safe suggestions for altering it please share, I need ideas.

mmmm, that sounds delicious. I'm not even on the AIP but I'm probably going to make it anyway since what I can't have is onions or tomatoes (FODMAPs) and I'm having such a hard time finding a curry recipe without them. It also sounds like it would be delicious with lamb :)

• 5 months later...

I was looking for a new chicken curry recipe and I think I'm gonna try this one! Here is chicken curry with coconut milk recipe and  another recipe that I like:

4 Chicken breasts diced
1oz Marg 1oz Flour
1 dsp Curry Powder 1-2 tsp Chilli Powder
1 pt Stock 1-2 Onions
Mushrooms

Boil or fry the chicken until no longer pink
Melt the marg stir in flour, curry powder and chilli powder
Gradually stir in stock and bring to the boil whisking until smooth
Add cooked meat, veg or prawns simmer for 15 mins add large pieces of onion and mushrooms simmer for 5-10 mins

I was looking for a new chicken curry recipe and I think I'm gonna try this one!

Here's another recipe that I like:

4 Chicken breasts diced

1oz Marg 1oz Flour

1 dsp Curry Powder 1-2 tsp Chilli Powder

1 pt Stock 1-2 Onions

Mushrooms

Boil or fry the chicken until no longer pink

Melt the marg stir in flour, curry powder and chilli powder

Gradually stir in stock and bring to the boil whisking until smooth

Add cooked meat, veg or prawns simmer for 15 mins add large pieces of onion and mushrooms simmer for 5-10 mins

Err, neither margarine nor flour are Whole30 compliant.  Also, you'll want to make sure your stock is compliant (I have yet to find a commercial stock that is compliant).  Beyond that, curry powder and chili powder are not allowed on the AIP.

If you're aiming for a Whole30 (and especially AIP since this thread is about AIP recipes) then this recipe won't cut it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived