M&S Chipolatas

Megan H

I think I've finally found compliant sausages (well chipolatas) in Marks and Spencers but before I dig in I wanted to double check.

Organic British Chipolata Pork Sausages

Ingredients: Pork (88%), water, mustard, sea salt, antioxidant: ascorbic acid, cracked black pepper, sage, ginger, pimentos, mace, nutmeg.

I'm on day 38 of a planned W52 so don't want to stuff it now :)

These came in a green plastic tray, not black like the rest. Someone mentioned M&S had compliant bacon but I checked every packet and couldn't find it. Perhaps it varies from store to store.

I haven't eaten sausages or chipolatas for YEARS but saw Jamie Oliver whip up a nice casserole with them the other day and it looks tasty. It wasn't W30 (what of Jamie's cooking would be!!!) but a few tweaks and it should be just as tasty!

Heading off to M & S tomorrow :) I've never seen these. Like Derval, all the ones I've seen have had sulphites but they do change what they do so i'll go on a hunt. I've often got compliant bacon there. If I find any tomorrow, I'll let you know which one it is.

Went to Marks today - total fail on the sausage front. As Derval said, they all contain sulphites. No chipolatas in a green tray so I'm sort of green with envy ;) As to the Bacon, they sell British Outdoor Bred Wiltshire cure smoked back bacon. Ingredients:- British Outdoor Bred Pork, Water, Curing Salts. Curing Salts contain, Salt, Potassium Nitrate, Sodium Nitrate. You have to be careful because a lot of their bacon does contain sugar but apparantly this one doesn't.

Archived