I ate about 1 1/2 tamarind pods tonight after dinner (fresh, just the gooey stuff around the seeds) and shortly after started feeling hungry again (not normal). So I ate a small dish of leftover dinner and went to lay down. Then my tummy started rumbling and feeling hungry again, then I had a strange craving for cheese- and I know from experience that only means one thing

for me: intestinal distress. So I wiki'd tamarind and found out it comes from a leguminous plant. I thought it was a fruit :(

Has anyone experienced gastrointestinal distress from eating tamarind? Or is it a safe legume like green beans and maybe I'm reacting to something else.

Mostly I'm just bummed out because reacting to food takes days sometimes to recover from :(

hmm, I think this is a case where it's ok because we don't eat the bean part of the plant, but maybe a mod has more info.

Of course, whether it is whole30 approved or not makes no difference when you are having a reaction. sorry to hear it. -hope you feel better soon (and figure out what did it of course!).

Archived