Sausages and deli meats

StefDE

I am on Day 4 of my Whole30 and all in all I am doing okay. But, for the life of me, I don't seem to be able to find any bologna / sausages / deli meats without any added sugar in it. Not in my regular grocery stores, not at several health food stores and neither on the Internet. I know there are all there wonderful websites in the States that sell Whole30 approved meats and jerky, but unfortunately they do not ship to Germany where I live. I do mostly cook, but for workday lunches or quick fixes it would be great if I could just combine some veggie sticks with, say, some bacon or turkey breast to take with me. Now, here's my question: if sausages / deli meats just have 0.5 to 1.0 carb per 100 gram, can I eat them then or do I have to stick to cooked / fried etc. meats? I am afraid I do already know the answer ...

Thanks for your help! :-)

I'm afraid you probably do know the answer ;) - no, it's not compliant. I know it's frustrating, I see a lot of things the americans get that aren't available here either. What I have done is cooked a whole bunch of chicken breasts, sliced them and frozen them in individual portions. That way I can grab one in the morning and it's thawed by lunchtime.

Also try cooking a small beef or pork roast and slice it up....and a fresh turkey Brest and pre slice that..... That usually keeps me going for fast on the go meals.... So much healthier than even the best " deli slices"

Don't feel bad about not having access to sugar free deli meat- I live in the states where it is fairly easy to find but I still don't buy it because of the cost. I agree with Fenderbender. I like to make a whole roast turkey breast and then slice it thin for my husband and I to have for lunch throughout the week. It tastes better than the pre-made stuff too.

Archived