Advice on reintroducing milk

Megan H

I'm only three days away from finishing my Whole52. I'm going to start the reintroduction phase with dairy. I've never consumed much dairy except for milk and the occasional ice cream. I usually had a dash of milk in my tea (about 3-4 cups a day) and milk with my cereal or porridge at breakfast. I won't be having cereal or oats at this stage (until I reintroduce wheat) but am wondering if the milk in the tea will be enough dairy to gauge the effects of reintroduction? (When I do eventually have porridge again, I plan to make it with water initially so I don't have to wonder if any reaction is because of the oats or because I've suddenly tripled my milk intake.)

Have a serving of dairy with each meal.... Milk,yogurt,cheese and gauge how you feel.....

For me, I was fine with yogurt in the morning, but then I had some fresh mozzarella with dinner and my tummy was instantly doing flip flops and I thought I might just hurl..... So I suppose I can have the occasional yogurt but I really turned off of cheese and won't even think of milk

Thanks Fenderbender. I don't eat cheese or yogurt (never liked either ) so I'll just have a small glass of milk a couple of times, as well as the milk in my tea and see how I go. It's fair to say, giving up dairy for W30 wasn't at all a challenge for me. I could probably survive without it but would like to know and understand any effect it may have on my body.

And probably that little amount would be okay, going by the not-the-food-but-the-dose rule (though there are foods now that I just won't have at all, being positive that even a small dose would not be worthwhile). I had some ice cream yesterday and just had a whole milk latte (I'm indulging a little bit before starting a 90-day AIP on Monday), and I feel pretty good other than a bit of phlegm. I was swearing at the traffic this a.m., though, but I'm pretty sure that was the sugar in the ice cream. :0 Anyway, I likely would not go back to the amount of dairy I ate before the W30, but I don't feel as strongly about it as legumes and grains. Others feel it's just worth avoiding altogether if you have symptoms or not.

Archived