Starting Today - April 7

KathyB54

I tried to start yesterday, but it didn't quite work out. I just ate some tortilla chips with salsa. Not real bad but I clicked the restart button. Today, I have been doing great and know I'll finish the day the same way. I planned my meals this morning, hit the grocery store and have been cooking up a storm. I get busy during the week and need to have a lot of "leftovers" ready. Otherwise, I'll get rushed and make poor choices. I also have a ton of vegies ready. If I get sweet or snack urges, I can fall back on my vegies. Although, I've gotten through most of today with no urges! And, I'm really looking forward to my paleo dinner!

I started this week because my husband is out of town until the end of April. Then we're heading for Florida for a long weekend. By the time that all happens, I should be far enough into my 30 days that I can handle the fact that my husband isn't paleo and no one I'm going to Florida with is paleo.

This is my first time being serious about it. I have tried cutting out grains, etc. before. Lost weight and felt great. Then I got lazy and let my bad habits slowly creep back. I'm confident now that I can make paleo stick this time!

• Moderators

Husband has enjoyed his 2 meals but thinks he is hungry.

He might really be hungry. Many people underestimate how much they should be eating during a Whole30. The meal template - http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf - allows for someone who feels hungry to eat 2 palm-size portions of meat and not just one. Your husband will go along with Whole30 eating a lot better if he gets enough to not be hungry.

My version of starting today was not eating anything at all!!! I have a perfectionist complex and I am super anxious about this. I think I will wait a week and prepare myself for the week properly and go shopping with just the kids so that they can get excited about it too. Rooting you on!!

Archived