Too much fat?

How much fat is too much? I've really been craving fat! I've been making myself eat three squares of vegs and meat. Still I keep craving and eating small spoonful of coconut oil and ghee.

Is this ok?

Will this help me lean out or chub up?

Thanks. Tasha

How much fat is too much? I've really been craving fat! I've been making myself eat three squares of vegs and meat. Still I keep craving and eating small spoonful of coconut oil and ghee.

Is this ok?

Will this help me lean out or chub up?

Thanks. Tasha

I'm not sure about an answer to that due to your particular context and history but you could be nutrient deprived, especially if you are coming from a lower fat or poorer quality fat diet background. When I first started eating animal fats a couple years ago I couldn't get enough. It was ridiculous. Then I leveled out though I do best on a higher fat diet. My brain functions better and my moods are more stable and I feel calmer and happier in general. My weight has not fluctuated more than about 10 lbs over this time- the higher end of that being when I have eaten grains and sugar during the winter months. Some paleo people eat upwards of 60% of their calories from fat. Native hunter-gatherer types favored animal fats and organ meats over muscle tissue (hence beef jerky- preservation of the lesser desired meat).

Archived