Day 10 tummy troubles

It's been going really well so far, normal issues such as periodic tiredness, headache, bloating (first few days-stopped eating nuts for the most part and that's gone now), occasional dizzyness.

Had a stomach ache that kept me up all night long. I'm guessing it's my body finally getting rid of all of the junk? Haven't eaten anything that should cause problems, I eat the normal eggs, veggies, coconut oil, avocado, meats, and fruits. Did have a berry salad last night (cherries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries with a little vanilla, cinammon, clove and mint), that's the only thing "different" I've eaten. Snacking on baby carrots instead of nuts if I get hungry between meals.

Other than that the really weird thing is I keep getting hot. It's not hot flashes (I get those occasionally, these are different). I can't explain it. The a/c is on, I'm fine, and all of a sudden I get really, really warm. Could it be fat-burning thermogenesis?

I did get on the scale (I use a couple of food/workout tracking programs and weigh myself periodically) and I've dropped 10# in the last 10 days. Which definitely is a nice bonus! I'm guessing (hoping) that once the toxins and inflammation are gone, that will level out to a more reasonable, slow, weight loss. But I'm not complaining. :)

• Moderators

A report of several days meals would be helpful to figuring anything out. Several things you report make me think you may not be eating enough - weighing yourself when the Whole30 says don't go near a scale and snacking between meals. And you might not be drinking enough water. You can't go wrong following the meal template regarding how much you eat - http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf - so please reference it if you provide a report of meals.

If you really want to do a Whole30, you have to stop weighing yourself and tracking calories in a food tracking program. It is not a minor variation from the program to keep getting on a scale or counting calories. It means you are missing almost half of the program.

Here are my meals for the past few days:

Breakfast: spinach, tomatoes, onion and ham sauteed in coconut oil and then mixed into 2 eggs and scrambled, a handful of baby carrots and half a banana.

Lunch: dinner-sized plate filled with organic baby spinach and mixed greens, topped with shredded carrots, black olives, roma tomatoes, slivered almonds, and half an avocado mixed with tuna.

Ate a handful of baby carrots around 4pm

Dinner: ratatouille (eggplant, zucchini, tomato, red pepper, onion, garlic and spices sauteed in olive oil), a chicken breast, and the berry salad I mentioned in the post above.

Breakfast: sauteed veggies and ham mixed with eggs, poured into a muffin tin and baked (2 "muffins")

Lunch: same as above

Dinner: Hawaiian style caluliflower rice (cauliflower, fresh pineapple and spices cooked in coconut oil), mixed greens salad with tomato, cucumber and squeezed lemon, and baked mahi mahi filet with lemon.

It's been very similar to that each day. Eggs with vegetables for breakfast, sometimes with a fruit, sometimes not, lunch is almost always a huge salad topped with a protein and olives or avocado, dinner is always a large helping of vegetables with a protein (turkey burger, chicken, ham, fish) and usually a fruit.

I drink coffee (black) in the morning with breakfast (2 cups), I drink unsweetened green tea with my lunch and I drink water all day long, beginning with a glass as soon as I get out of bed. I usually drink between 8 and 12 cups of water a day.

I don't track calories, I track my food simply as a way of having a record of what I'm eating so I can see what worked and what didn't. I don't have an attachment to my scale, and won't get on it for the next 20 days.

I'm doing the Whole30 to get a handle on a carbs (I love bread, rice, crackers and all things starchy), to allow my body to get clean and be healthy, and hopefully help with some gut issues, and to prove to myself that I can do it.

Archived