Not understanding pre and post meal food

My main time to workout is at lunch time, but i am a little confused as to how i do the pre, post meal work outs, and still each a lunchtime meal.

What i have been doing (at this point i don't get to exercise a lot due to injuries and a toddler ) is trying to eat lunch earlier, then having a small pre workout meal, and then a small post work out meal. This just feels like to much, but i think i understood the book to say that i couldn't skip my lunch meal.

Anyone any thoughts on this, as i know i cannot be the only person that works out at lunch time.

Thanks Diane

• Moderators

The critical thing is to eat some lean protein after a workout during the 15-30 minute window when your muscles are especially open to nutrition. You can adjust the timing of other meals to suit you. Personally, I would have a small pre-workout snack in the late morning, then do my lunch time workout, then eat some protein and carbs as a post-workout meal and save my lunch until an hour or two later - maybe 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Then I would be good until supper around 7 PM. You could let your lunch take the place of a pre-workout meal or combine lunch and a post-workout meal. Combining two meals like that would mean you should definitely eat another meal, at least a small one, whenever you felt hungry, maybe late afternoon.

Archived