Stomach issues 40 days in?!?

Today is Day 45. I started having an upset stomach about 5 days ago. And it's not getting better!! I had a great first 40 days, everything was very "normal." I haven't changed anything and my husband is fine so I don't think I ate anything bad. I'm so frustrated, and no history of IBS or anything.

What to do?!?

• Moderators

I'm sorry. Having an upset stomach for five days is frustrating. :(

I have a few thoughts and several questions. You could have caught a bug that your husband did not. Eating the same things does not mean you will both respond equally. Differences in gut bacteria, stress, etc. can make a big difference. Having a problem after 40 days of eating the Whole30 way suggests you are not experiencing an adjustment to this new way of eating. Those adjustments are generally experienced in the first two or three weeks. What do you mean when you say upset stomach? Sour stomach? Diarrhea?

• Moderators

Be sure to take an anti-diarrhea medication as soon as possible. I get diarrhea occasionally and taking something tends to make it go away within one day. Trying to recover naturally doesn't work very well for me.

Many people think eating sweet potato or pumpkin helps with diarrhea. I don't know of anything that works well except meds.

Archived