Day 2 for me

LadyM

• Moderators

I'm on Day 2 of my first Whole30, and am so grateful to have this forum as a supportive resource. The structure of the plan is super helpful, and after planning and experimenting with it for three weeks (after having cut sugar, wheat, dairy, corn, soy, peanuts, alcohol in June 2012), I feel like I've got a good sense of a few tweaks to make it work for me. For example, eating between meals is out, as are nuts and fruit unless minor additions to a recipe. No spoonfuls of almond butter or handfuls of macadamia nuts for me. Goodbye foodwithoutbrakes!

Finding peace, I've decided, is my ultimate goal, which is a huge shift for this chronic dieter. I've gradually shrunk myself to the point that I'm pretty close to my ideal weight--about 10-20 pounds away, I'd say, though I've thrown out the scale, yahoo liberation!--and historically this is the point at which I self sabotage. In fact I was on Weight Watchers and driving myself crazy with obsessive thinking about food.

Anyway, this plan seems to be about healing and self actualization and I'm all for that, yo. It was hugely important for me to finally understand my sugar addiction--and the physiological effects of food. Food is medicine straight up. It either blesses or it curses. With that in mind, I can actually be grateful to have the tools to know what to eat. It's not about deprivation; it's about abundance of health!

I'm a 36-year-old single gal who writes and teaches college in Michigan. If anyone's interested, I'm faithfully logging my Whole30 here: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/8962-ladyms-first-whole30

Archived