Meal Planning around Pre Workout Snack and Post Workout meal?

megan_leigh

I crossfit for my workout.

A typical day I wake up at 6:30 and eat breakfast at 7, then no snacks, lunch at noon, again no snacks, then leave work at 5 to go to a 5:30 crossfit class, I get home between 6:30-7 depending on the wod, then I cook and eat my dinner.

A friend just pointed out the pre-wo and post-wo to me. I somehow missed it (I'm only on Day 4).

My problem is I don't know when or what to eat for my post workout meal. It usually takes me 15-20 minutes to drive home from the box. If I have leftovers or am making something quick I can usually eat dinner withing 30-45 minutes after my workout.

I go to bed at 10:30.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Pre work out can be as simple as just a hardboiled egg or two and post 1/2 a chicken breast and 1/2 a sweet potato. These are not large meals, just letting your body know it is going to be working (the pre meal) and the post meal starts the repair of your muscles right off. Do not count these as regular meals. Hope that helps!

• Moderators

I often eat a can of tuna packed in water as my post-workout meal. Eating the whole can is no problem for me and then I go home and cook my regular meal and eat it too. My favorite pre-workout meal is a boiled egg, but a handful of nuts will work too.

Archived