14 days in!

Eat more protein and fat. Lift heavy weights 3 days per week and don't do additional exercise. Sleep at least 8 good hours per night. I gained 10 pounds in 3 months following this plan.

You don't recommend cardio?..i wanted to do two days a week, just to keep my stamina up for when I start lifting heavier...and you recommend more fats over carbs? Cause right now I try to do 40%carb, 30%protein and 30%fat, eating at least 2000 calories a day..trying to gain as little fat as possible

• Moderators

The Whole30 is designed to help you achieve a healthy relationship with food and you can't do that if you count calories and set macro nutrient targets. Part of a healthy relationship with food is learning to pay attention to your body and not popular ideas about what you should eat. We want you to eat enough to be satisfied and to maintain high levels of performance. People who are very active need more carbs and people who are not very active need less. Fat does not make you fat. Fat is one of the most satisfying things you can eat and helps you eat less and suffer fewer cravings.

I prefer to maintain stamina with hill sprints several times per week or intense kettlebell complex workouts. I used to be a marathoner, but I try to be more efficient with my training time now. And cardio can interfere with fat loss. I could not accept that when a trainer I worked with told me I needed to stop running so much, that I was wasting the gains I was making in the gym by running it off. He told me to walk instead of running if I just had to be outside for hours at a time. I lost the first fat loss competition I entered because I would not listen to him. I won the competition the next time it was held because I quit doing so much cardio. It makes sense when you understand how the body works, but it is the opposite of conventional wisdom.

The Whole30 is designed to help you achieve a healthy relationship with food and you can't do that if you count calories and set macro nutrient targets. Part of a healthy relationship with food is learning to pay attention to your body and not popular ideas about what you should eat. We want you to eat enough to be satisfied and to maintain high levels of performance. People who are very active need more carbs and people who are not very active need less. Fat does not make you fat. Fat is one of the most satisfying things you can eat and helps you eat less and suffer fewer cravings.

I prefer to maintain stamina with hill sprints several times per week or intense kettlebell complex workouts. I used to be a marathoner, but I try to be more efficient with my training time now. And cardio can interfere with fat loss. I could not accept that when a trainer I worked with told me I needed to stop running so much, that I was wasting the gains I was making in the gym by running it off. He told me to walk instead of running if I just had to be outside for hours at a time. I lost the first fat loss competition I entered because I would not listen to him. I won the competition the next time it was held because I quit doing so much cardio. It makes sense when you understand how the body works, but it is the opposite of conventional wisdom.

Thank you for this! I only log my food to make sure im eating enough. Im not quite used to listening to my body yet. I eat a tonnn of fat. About 50% of my caloric intake is fats! I know it won't make me fat. I read somewhere that women should do low carb, higher fat..how long are you doing hill sprints for?

Cardio interfers with fat loss? Being a long distance cardio person, this really is curious to me. I am not interested in being in a fat loss contest(sounds very strange to me) and use the cardio as a calorie burner but also as an emotional support(out running the devil). So I have to choose to do cardio for my soul vs less cardio for weight loss?

Archived