Nasties hiding in foods...

SydneyGrl

Hi Guys,

So I am just finishing day 4 of my whole 30 and I just discovered that there was some hidden sugar in a fish sauce I used tonight. I made a stir fry and used 1/4 teaspoon of the sauce in a meal for 4 people. I know that sugar is not allowed so does this mean I need to start over?

The Mods might disagree, but that small an amount doesn't seem to be enough to make a difference, IMHO. Unless it woke the sugar dragon. I'd call it a lesson learned, vow to be more careful, and move on. If you feel that badly about it, you can always just add a couple of days to the end. But I wouldn't do a restart, it's too defeating mentally.

I would feel differently if it were soy or wheat or dairy, but a spec of sugar by accident doesn't call for a restart IMO. With that said: the sugar wasn't hidden, really....next time, take a little more care in reading labels. You will be amazed at what kind of junk is in packaged foods!

Hi Guys. Thanks for the responses. Yes it does show how closely I need to read the bottles. I missed it as most of the bottle was not in English. I haven't had sugar since November last year so the sugar dragon left me a long time ago. Thanks for your help.

Archived