getting back to clean eating TODAY!

pandaclouds

So i did the whole30 back in jan/feb and felt GREAT. since then I've been paleo here and there, but recently i've really fallen off. it's hard!!! so today i'm going to start another 30 days of clean eating. not necessarily 100% paleo, but i am going to be more mindful of what i put into my body.

here's my plan:

-cook more

-no gluten

-no processed foods

-avoid grains, legumes, dairy, and sugar

there will be exceptions when i eat out, but again, i'm going to think twice before i order! wish me luck!

I'm doing something similar. I also did my W30 in Jan. and then fell a little too far off the wagon as far as sugar goes. I decided to start a 2nd W30 on April 1 to get things back in control. It took about 9 or 10 days until I stopped thinking about treats every day. Yesterday I decided I don't necessarily need to complete this W30. I have a few meals out planned before the end of the month. I plan to continue eating clean, like you, but I don't want to worry about trace amounts of sugar or soy right now...and I don't think it's something I "need" to do. So I'm trying not to think of this as a W30 fail...I was successful in accomplishing my goal, and now I will try to relax a little bit (but not like I did before!). Good luck...hope this works for you too!

I agree JJB, it's all about what works for you. Also, I'm glad you mentioned avoiding sugar because that is something I forgot to write down for my goals for the month! It's so hard though, sugar is in EVERYTHING!! With that being said, I did okay for DAY 1 yesterday. Today will only be better. =)

DAY 1

brunch: omelet w/ 3 eggs, cheddar, spinach, and asparagus; side of home fries with ketchup

snack: apple

dinner: smoothie w/ almond milk, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and banana; cup of chicken and vegetable soup; a few bites of pita

Yesterday I was so sick after brunch, got home and had the chills and a fever. Feeling better today and I will be more mindful of what I put into my body!

DAY 2

snacks: apple, handful cashews, mixed green salad w/ olive oil, lemon, & balsamic vinaigrette

late brunch: huevos rancheros--3 scrambled eggs with veggie-bean chili, cheddar cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and corn tortillas; 3 spoonfuls of vanilla ice cream.

note--i realize i broke a lot my rules at brunch this morning, but it was my friend's birthday celebration AND i was mindful in that i tried to eat around the chili and sour cream (the cheese i definitely ate ;)) so i think i ate pretty well, i didn't clean my plate and i probably won't eat again this evening because it was such a late meal.

dinner: ordered chinese takeout with the boyfriend. i REALLY have to get back to cooking! had some won-ton soup, 1 fried spring roll, and 3 veggie dumplings...all with accompanying sauces of course.

DAY 3

current weight: 131.8

breakfast: some dried mango, cheddar popcorn, fage 0% yogurt w/ honey

lunch: leftover won ton soup

snack: orange slices, dried mango

dinner snack: leftover fried spring roll

dinner: was supposed to be cauliflower crust pizza but it came out wrong so it was a medley of cauliflower, goat cheese spinach, onions, mushrooms, olives with tomato sauce on top of a bed of mixed greens!

DAY 4

good day today!

breakfast: leftover pieces of chicken and rice

snack: grapes, a few handfuls of cheddar popcorn

snack: air popped popcorn

lunch: salad with avocado, grilled chicken, goat cheese, pistachios, cherry tomatoes, honey mustard vinaigrette

snack: apple and orange slices

dinner: salad w/ grilled chicken, avocado, cherry tomatoes, carrots, asparagus, kalamata olives, balsamic and olive oil

dessert: 2 chocolate truffles

DAY 5

i cheated...ate some pretzels with cheese. also had two justin's peanut butter chocolate patties. and some carob covered peanuts earlier in the day. my sweet tooth was in full effect! i ate little overall though so i feel good about that.

DAY 6

breakfast: greek yogurt w/ agave syrup. banana. handful of cashews.

Panda, I don't know if you are soliciting advice here or not. Since I commented on this post I am following it, and I'm just wondering about your goals. You said you wanted to avoid dairy, gluten, and sugar for 30 days. It seems like you've been eating a lot of dairy and sugar, with gluten creeping back in as well. It also seems like your meals have gone quite far away from the W30 template. I know you aren't on a W30, but maybe if you try to follow the meal template more often, you'll find yourself snacking less and having better luck staying away from the foods that you are trying to stay away from. For example, I think only one of the breakfasts you have posted so far includes any vegetables, and some of your meals seem too small.

i ate little overall though so i feel good about that.

This is the comment that made me want to post though. Pre-W30, I used to really pat myself on the back when I managed to almost starve myself for a day (it was rare)...but It shouldn't be our goal to eat little. It should be our goal to eat what we need to be healthy.

I hope you don't mind my input. How are you feeling overall?

Archived