Cleaned out the pantry!

LoisH99

So, my house's water heater is in my pantry. And it developed a leak last night! Turned off the power and water and called the plumber first thing this morning to install a new one. While I waited for him to arrive, I set to clear out anything in the pantry that would be in his way. I keep mops and buckets in there, there was an old wine rack (with the wine of questionable age on it), old paper and plastic bags etc. After I took all that stuff out, I figured, why not take EVERYTHING out! Every bottle, jar, box and bag of food. YIKES there were quite a few things that had expired in there! Such a waste. Got rid of unhealthy stuff, too. Put canned goods we'll never eat into a bag for the food pantry. After the plumbers are done, I can get in there and clean for real, then return the food to the shelves! Not quite what I had planned for today, but glad to get it done anyway!

In related news, when my spouse went in to shut off the water, he knocked down the jars of ghee and coconut oil! Ghee survived intact, but the coconut oil jar shattered. The coconut oil, which was fairly solid because we keep the house cool, held most of the glass together for easy disposal... but it was a sad thing to see the mostly full jar go into the trash!

Archived