Adapted Whole30 - Half20something?

Cassie M

Day 18: Thursday, May 9th

Breakfast: Apple + Almond butter, Smoothie (Greek yogurt, banana, Better'n PB & kale), Coffee + cream

Lunch: Fajita flavored Eggplant with kidney beans & jalapenos, 1/2 Avocado, Coffee + cream

Snack: Pumpkin seeds (3 closed handfulls)

Dinner: Cherry tomatoes + hummus, 2 fried eggs, SDTs + hot mustard, Pineapple + 2 tbsp Greek yogurt

I was much more mindful tonight regarding my eating habits

I noticed the return of a bad food behavior tonight: Eating just cause I feel like it. I had my delicious salad and immediately felt like I wanted something else ... so I went for the cherry tomatoes and hummus. Shortly after, I opened the cupboard to pull down an eggplant to make my lunch for today and spotted a pineapple. I wasn't even hungry, but I suddenly wanted pineapple so I sliced up two rings and ate them. And then about an hour later, I was making my breakfast smoothie and helped myself to 2 tablespoons of the PB that I add to my smoothie. Why? Cause it looked nice and tasted nice. Hungry? Nope. FAIL.

Me, too. I've been licking the sunbutter knife when making my son's lunch and going for apples and almond butter and now chocolate after dinner. I need to nip this in the bud! It's scary how fast bad habits come back.

Me, too. I've been licking the sunbutter knife when making my son's lunch and going for apples and almond butter and now chocolate after dinner. I need to nip this in the bud! It's scary how fast bad habits come back.

I know, right?! It's amazing how my mind just slipped into justification mode. "I only had that small salad" ... "It's pineapple, that's healthy" ... "I'm just licking the spoon, not eating the whole jar - it's not a big deal". Not once did I even question whether or not I was hungry, and if I'm honest, I didn't stop and think about that because I knew the answer was no.

The best way to form a new habit is start with small, achievable goals, so here's to mindful eating tonight!

T minus 1 week!!

Day 19: Friday, May 10th

Breakfast: 2 kiwis, Smoothie (Greek yogurt, banana, Better'n PB & kale), Coffee + cream

Lunch: Fajita flavored Eggplant with kidney beans & jalapenos

Snack: Coffee + cream, 1 orange

Dinner:Salad (Mixed leaves, SDTs, sunflower seeds, hot mustard), Taste of Mumbai chicken soup, 3 See's candies, 1 Reese's PB Egg

My after-dinner chocolates were planned ... and I enjoyed them to the last!

I went off the grid this weekend. I had planned treats but also just ate recklessly. I didn't want to come back on here because I'm so embarrassed - the old me that ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted made a brief re-appearance. I don't even want to type out what I ate, because I fell not just off the wagon, but off the wagon and down the side of a very steep mountain.

Day 20: Saturday, May 11th

Pre-Run: 1 tbsp Better'n PB

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, cherry tomatoes, hot mustard, Coffee + cream

Lunch: Americano + cream, 1 scoop of Ben & Jerry's Blondie Brownie (planned treat - free scoop day in Dublin!)

Beer. Beer. And more beer. Seriously, so much beer!

Dinner: Chicken & black bean burrito, Popcorn, Snickers bar

Exercise: Pieta House Darkness into Light 5k @ 4am. Finishing time: Roughly 30 minutes. Brilliant run for an amazing cause!

Day 21: Sunday, May 12th

Breakfast: Glenisk Greek yogurt

Lunch: Brunch Club! - Club sandwich (Chicken, bacon, tomato & garlic aioli on doorstep bread), Side salad with a poached egg, Sweet potato fries, Latte

Snack: 1 chocolate covered Oreo (planned treat - gift from a friend just back from NYC!)

Dinner: Pineapple, blueberries + 2 tbsp Greek yogurt

Today is a new day! And I go on vacay on Friday ...!

Day 22: Monday, May 13th

Breakfast: Apple + Almond butter, Orange, Coffee + cream

Lunch: Salad (Mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, HB egg, 1/2 Avocado, pumpkin seeds, hot mustard), Coffee + cream

Snack: HB egg + hot mustard

Dinner: 6 Pistachios, Turkey breast, broccoli, parsnips, Cholula, Pineapple + 2 tbsp Greek yogurt

My stomach was doing flip flops while dinner was cooking and I had an old packet of pistachio nuts with exactly 6 in there - so although I am trying to stay off nuts, I am happy knowing that I had a controlled portion that did what I needed it to (stopping me from eating anything and everything in sight).

I realized today that I made it to 21 days. A few bumps along the way, but the plan is to jump back in after my vacation.

Day 23: Tuesday, May 14th

Breakfast: 2 HB eggs, 1/4 Avocado, hot mustard, Coffee + cream

Lunch: Moroccan sweet potato (Sweet potato, sugar snap peas, tomatoes, ras el hanout), Salad (Mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, HB egg, 1/4 Avocado, hot mustard), Hot chocolate

Dinner: Broccoli, Parsnips, Salad (Mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, grain mustard), Pineapple + 2 tbsp Greek yogurt

Dessert: 1 Reese's PB Egg (planned treat)

Today is probably going to be my last day of logging, since I leave for home on Friday and will have shit tons of stuff to do (work-wise and packing-wise) tomorrow. I haven't been entirely successful with my Half20something, but I had 2 moments of clarity: (1) The mystery of 46 days of bleeding was finally solved; the cause was not happy, but not scary and I'm back to being healthy so I won't focus on the negative; (2) Beer foils all of my good intentions. I was doing well within the constraints of my adapted W30, until booze got involved.

I'm going away on Friday and enjoying the hell out of my two weeks at home, but will certainly be back! I'm thinking Whole60 ...

Day 24: Wednesday, May 15th

Breakfast: 2 HB eggs, 1/4 Avocado, hot mustard, Coffee + cream

Lunch: Moroccan sweet potato (Sweet potato, sugar snap peas, tomatoes, ras el hanout), Salad (Mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, HB egg, 1/4 Avocado, hot mustard)

Snack: Chocolate chip cookie

Dinner: Chai latte, Pineapple + 2 tbsp Greek yogurt

Looking forward to my vacation. I'm not making any empty promises that I'll stay compliant or marginally compliant - this is the one time per year that I get to enjoy my time at home, so I know what's up. But I'll be back for a good cleanse after I've gone and fattened myself up with my favorite foods from the good 'ol USandA!

Archived