Started my Whole30 Yesterday - June 29

MSGTomo

I'm no stranger to going sugar/alcohol and gluten free, but I've never been totally grain, legume, and dairy free. I also really don't want to approach this as "dieting" because diets don't work and I'm really not interested in calorie restriction or punishing mindset.

My main goals are:

Healthy diet and setting a good example for my children

Maintain high enough caloric intake for breastfeeding my newborn

Get better sleep and have better energy

Break the carb/sugar addiction cycle that began during pregnancy

Continue my healthy, moderate workout routine and enjoy physical activity as a family

Get and give support to others trying to do the same!

• Moderators

Welcome!

Many people fail to eat enough calories when they eliminate grains because they don't realize how few calories veggies have in comparison to grains. Be sure to eat plenty of fat through olive oil, ghee, coconut oil, olives, avocados, or shredded coconut to keep your calories up for breastfeeding. You don't have to count calories; you just need to be sure you include healthy fat with every meal.

Thanks for the tips. I think I ate too much fruit/nuts yesterday - probably a pretty rookie mistake from what I'm reading. I have also developed a sore throat...this happened the last time I cut out sugar/grains - it was in the winter and I thought I was just getting sick, but now this is a pattern...do you know what this is about and if it passes or is a sign something else I'm eating is triggering? (Like increased fruits/nuts...)

MSG - The sore throat feeling is likely one of the signals to you that your body is beginning to detox and/or cleanse. While we're filling ourselves with the grains and sugars our bodies become overwhelmed and are unable to get to all the jobs that make us feel our best. However, when we eliminate those stressors from our body, it can do its job better. Consider the sore throat a signal instead of a symptom and I bet you'll be feeling better in no time!

Archived