zevia soda?

I have been eating lapel for a while now and after seeing the benefits and doing some research my wife has started eating this way as well. I shop at whole foods and brought her there for the first time. She saw a soda brand named zevia and wanted to try it for herself. I know some paleo followers allow such drinks, my question is, does whole 30 allow it? I Am on day 7 and feel great. My only difficulty is finding 8 hours a night to sleep. I never cheat, is this soda acceptable? Water is the only liquid I can handle, the coconut stuff just taste nasty to me.

Yes, as JJB said all sweeteners are off limits on a W30. I had a look at the ingredients for this. the first one I looked at was the cola but they all seem to have very similar ingredients.

Ingredients:

CARBONATED WATER, ERYTHRITOL, CARAMEL COLOR, TARTARIC ACID, REB A (STEVIA EXTRACT), FUMARIC ACID, CAFFEINE, NATURAL FLAVORS, NUTMEG OIL.

Erythritol is a sugar alcohol, used as a sweetener and the stevia extract is also a processed sweetener. so those two alone would rule it out. Basically it's just another highly artificial soda

Archived